Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Peninsula Hotel ESPA Spa NYC review

This is my long-awaited spa-cation for myself.  :)
I always enjoy going to different spas and getting pampered.  Once in a while I would splurge on the luxurious ones.  This time, I chose the ESPA spa at The Peninsula Hotel, the top 10 in NYC.

The spa is located at the 21st floor on 700 Fifth Avenue.  I could not wait to dive into the glass-enclosed pool on the 23rd floor.  The pool is 42 feet (13 meters) long and the temperature was perfect, not too cold, not too warm.  I was the only one swimming in the gorgeous pool in a Tuesday afternoon.  It was so quiet I heard my breathing.  Seeing the blue water tank linking to the sky, I was wondering how Pi could survive so many days alone in the ocean.  The earth is so vast and why do people need to be mean to each other or fight over tiny  trivia?  As the water steadily splashed onto the edge, as the water rushed through my finger tips, the water cleansed away my worries...

I headed down to the shower room then the Thermal Experiences.  It was an enclave with dark gold and black mosaic tiles:  Finnish sauna, ice fountain and experience shower.  Before the massage I took a break at the Relaxation Room.  It was a room with four adjustable massage beds.  The fluffy and weighted Frette comforter cradled me while I enjoyed the Zico coconut juice.  William came to welcome me to the Therapy Room.

He was a gem!  I am quite experienced with different massages and he knew human body and had strong hands.  He quickly found my trouble spots and went down vertebrate by vertebrate.  It hurt a little bit, but the kind of hurt you know your body likes.  He worked some magic on my neck, which not many people ventured or even successfully fixed my neck problem.  I was very pleased with my deep tissue massage with William.

Extra point:
You can't beat the view on Fifth Avenue.
The well maintained pool
The Relaxation Room and Asian Tea Lounge
The deep tissue massage

It was $175 for the mid week special.  Compared to other high-end spas in NY averaging $225 per hour, it was pricy but not the most expensive one.

After my mini vacation, I hopped on the subway and my three princesses smiling faces appeared.


The chandeliers at the lobby of Peninsula Hotel

The million dollar view of the Fifth Avenue...facing south

                                                                 ... facing north

The pool making me thinking about Pi as in Ang Lee's fantastic movie "Life of Pi"


The Asian Tea Lounge serving Verbena Mint Tea, Green Tea and Earl Grey Organic Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment